Dewey County Conservation District
Board of Directors Regular Meeting
306 S. Broadway, Taloga, OK 73667
12:00 P.M. October 4, 2023
1. Regular Board Meeting Called to Order
This is a regularly scheduled meeting in accordance with the Open Meeting Law, Title 25 O.S.
Sections 301 and following as amended.
2. 2024 Local Work Group Meeting
a. Introduction of all attending the Local Work Group
b. Review Resource Data
c. Identify Resource Concerns
d. Discuss and Prioritize Resource Concerns
e. Outline Goals and Actions needed to address resource concerns
• What needs to be done?
• What resources are available?
• What additional resources are needed?
• Who should have primary responsibility?
f. Summary of identifying resource concerns and actions in prioritizing actions.
g. Any other comments.
3. Discussion and Possible Action on the following district operation items.
a. Meeting Minutes
i. September 6th Regular Meeting Minutes
b. September Employee Payroll, Time Sheets, and Leave Records
c. Financial Information
i. Financial Statement for the period ending September 30, 2023 (Exhibit#1)
ii. District reimbursement claims
iii. Ratification of ED2 claims
• Patty Sweet -53-ED2-130
• Joshua Dodson – 53-ED2-075
• Roger Brown – 53-ED2-107
iv. Bills owed by the district
v. Verizon bill: do we pay by credit card or bank draft?
vi. NRCS shared quarterly report
vii. Review and discussion on new barn
4. Michael Green, CPA, office call into the board to present the Annual Compilation Financial Statement
for the year ending June 30, 2023, for Dewey County Conservation District.
a. Discussion and possible action on Annual Net Worth Statement-OCC-5K
b. Discussion and possible action on Filing of Annual Audit-OCC-5J
5. Discussion and Possible action to donate to Oklahoma Association of Conservation Districts TO
WHICH WE BELONG film
6. Discussion and Possible action on Board and staff attending the OACD Area I meeting in Woodward,
Oklahoma on Tuesday, November 7, 2023, at the Woodward Conference Center, 3401 Centennial Lane.
7. Discussion and possible action on the view of Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) between United
States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Natural Resources Conservation Service (hereafter referred
as NRCS), the Oklahoma Conservation Commission and the Dewey County Conservation District.
8. Update on Quartermaster 21a, Barnitz # 7, 8, and NRCS engineer request for riprap estimate has been
sent to NRCS state office.
9. Discuss and possible action on NRCS recommendations for repair on Quartermaster 20, back filling the
10. Discuss and possible action on the Potential Federal Shutdown – Districts will remain open for business
• Does your district share space with USDA?
• Does your district use any federal equipment or supplies?
• Does your district use a federal phone line and/or internet connection?
• Are you a shared employee (i.e. code 08)
If you answered yes to any questions above, the district staff and board will need to further consider the
• Does the district own the building?
• When is your district’s next board meeting and does it need to be rescheduled to an alternate location?
• Do employees have an alternate work location and contact information that has been shared with and approved by the board?
• Does the district have an alternate contact phone number that has been approved by the board and will be shared with
• Do you have IT assets that are district-owned (this includes computers, printers, scanners, internet connection, etc.)?
• Do you have office supplies that are district owned?
• If you are a shared employee, what district-only activities will you undertake during the shutdown and do you have the
assets needed to do that work?
11. Discussion and review of monthly correspondence
a. District Directors
b. District Staff
13. New Business
14. Public Comment
These items may not be taken up in the order given on the agenda. Next regular meeting: November 1, 2023 – 1:30 P.M.
All items on this agenda, including but not limited to any agenda item concerning the adoption or approval of any resolution, contract, agreement, or any other item of business, are subject to revision or amendment, including additions and/or deletions, without exception. Any revision or amendments will be limited and rationally related to the topic of the agenda item. The Board may defer, strike, continue, table, and/or refer any agenda item to its chief administrative officer, staff, attorney, and/or refer back or appoint a committee for the purpose of gathering more information the Board may need to take action on any agenda item at a subsequent special or regular meetings of the Board.